Skip to main content

House destroyed in blaze, sparks brush fire

April 25, 2014

Photo by Amy Cherry

ST. MARYS – A St. Marys home was destroyed in a Friday afternoon blaze at 105 Challingsworth Rd., located off of Taft Road.
Fire companies from St. Marys, Fox Township and Johnsonburg responded to the call.
The garage area of the residence was fully engulfed upon arrival at approximately 2:03 p.m. and quickly spread to the two-story structure which was a complete loss. Heavy smoke was also initially reported.
Tom Bauer, Crystal Fire Department spokesman, said crews were faced with two fires as the blaze sparked a brush fire at the back right of the residence which began to encroach on a neighboring home.

CLARION — The Clarion-Limestone Lions advanced to the District 9 Class A boys championship game by...
College Basketball Weekend Roundup Saturday February 21st, 2015 (#1) Kentucky (27-0) 110 Auburn (12...
VIDEO OF THE DAY: NFL scouting combine: Winners and Losers