Electrical fire investigated in Brockport

Photo by Brian StockmanPhoto by Brian Stockman
Staff Writer

Firefighters from three local departments responded to a reported electrical fire at 1964 Shawmut Road, Brockport on Monday, Sept. 10. Homeowner, Faith Bryan reported that the small electrical fire was caused by water in her basement, which severely damaged the new furnace she had replaced last Friday due to previous flooding in the area. Fox Township, Brockway, and Horton all dispatched units to the scene “very quickly” said Bryan. She also said she thanks the officers “from the bottom of my heart.”